Lost All Of Firefox Settings

When I tried to open firefox yesterday, for no reason a box appeared saying which profile I would like to load. The only option was "default", so I clicked it, but it brought up an error message (not exactly sure what it said) and it wouldnt let me log in as the default user. The only way to get to firefox was to create a new profile, which I did, and now I dont have any of my old firefox settins (bookmarks, extentions, themes, etc)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brett

When I tried to open firefox yesterday, for no reason a box appeared saying which profile I would like to load. The only option was "default", so I clicked it, but it brought up an error message (not exactly sure what it said) and it wouldnt let me log in as the default user. The only way to get to firefox was to create a new profile, which I did, and now I dont have any of my old firefox settins (bookmarks, extentions, themes, etc)

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That dialog means Firefox was allready running and the new instance you started was unable to merge with the old one. When that happens what you want to do is close all Firefox processes. In Windows you can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up a task manager that will let you kill any Firefox processes that are in the background.

Once you have done this, you can start Firefox again.