Xerox Workcenter Won't Scan

I switched from Win98 to XP and was having problems with my printer, someone helped me here and my printer capabilities work great. I tried scanning today tho, and it won't recognize my printer as a scanner. I was able to open my program and and "select twain device" as my scanner, but it said there is no communication (yet there is communication for it to be a printer?????) can anyone help? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled...same thing each time. Thanks :)

Velda

Yes I did. That is what I was shown before and what I did, when I couldnt' get my printer to work. It made my printer work for printing. But my scanning didn't work. So I just unintalled everything and reinstalled the original disk that came with it, along with the new driver from the xerox site. Now it scans great, but won't print! ugh. I need it to do both! When I used the XP driver and program from the xerox site, it prints, but when I go to scan it says Data reading error...now when I installed my old orginal software again (with the xerox site XP driver) it prints a test page fine, but smushes any other printing way up into the corner instead of printing all down the sheet.

Well I fixed it...not entirely sure how, but now both work. I uninstalled the original software and the XP driver from Xerox, I removed all "xerox folders" and anything "xerox" in my registry. Then I downloaded the XP driver from Xerox again and installed it and everything works. Perhaps when I installed it the first time it didn't completely install correctly? I dunno..but it all works now :) Thanks for taking the time to read :):thumbsup:

Velda

... Perhaps when I installed it the first time it didn't completely install correctly? ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That'd be my guess, though more along the lines of one or more of the updates or uninstalls left behind stuff that buggered up the newer update or reinstall. It's a shame really, computers have been around for so long and we still occasionally have to manually "get our hands dirty" to make things work. :(