First off I'd like to say, "I know, I know" use google, search the forums. I am about to run some antivirus programs, because it has been a lil while since I have, so hopefully that will fix any problems, however I thought I'd post because, I'd like to see if anyone else is getting these symptoms..at first I figured it was just my usual low amount of RAM, but when that is the root cause, my computer simply freezes. This on the other hand is more mysterious. This has happened for a few days which has made it more and more disconcerning (< did I use that word right?).

Anyway explorer (explorer.exe; the desktop terminates and reopens, my other programs seem unaffected during this transision) crashes. And then re-opens (as is the nature of explorer.exe)

I have also noticed Firefox crashing more often, whether this is a conflict with my extensions, the same above problem or another problem entirely is not know.

Additionally, Photoshop has been crashing on me, this is nothing new, however, normally when it crashes, the entire computer freezes, instead a popup from within photoshop displays a message about a program error (there were 2-3 diff. error messages I've received). It then closes itself.

Now, I know what you are thinking, not enough RAM, right?, well no, see this is new problem. In the past if I did have a problem, it would just freeze on me. This is not happening, so it is bothersome. Thank you for your time.

it could be a number of things.

ram. hardware drivers.spyware .virus

sasser and blaster worm have these symtoms.

does the compt give you warning.

on closing

if FF is having the same trouble

then it is internal

FF isnt suppose to crash .

isnt it the eternal browser.

so if ff is giving trouble

then my guess it is a virus

or hard ware problems.[drivers]

marty

The above advice is good but if it doesn't help give it a memtest. All those freezes and crashes could be bad memory among many other possibilitys. The last pc I worked on had the same problems and did have a bad stick.

Edited by Tootsdog9

How about your video aperture in bios. Any chance it got reduced?

I have seen this happen when you have a lot of images / graphics textures loaded and not enough aperture and also have caching disabled in bios.

So, what video card, with how much ram. What video aperture in bios , and is caching of video enabled.?