Why forcing us to use google drive / cloud

Why you are forcing us to use google cloud for our own docs, I don't want to upload my files to the cloud, and I have thousands of old files that I rarely use them and I don't want to send all of them to google drive

1- there is no google docs extension so you can't download the files to ur computer,  you have to download them as xlsx then when you need to work on them again you have to upload them to the drive to be able to convert them to google sheet and use all edit options.
2- there is no google app for windows to open google docs directly and editing them without the need of google drive/cloud
3- you can't fully edit office files without saving them to google drive,  you are given minor edit options that are useless and you are forced to save the file in the drive to convert it to google sheet to open all edit options !!!

Are all of these annoying issues to force us to use cloud and pay for cloud storage or just to make all our data available to google

So we are forced to keep using office and google both together and we can't fully migrate to google apps. 

One workaround that might help with your situation is using third-party apps or tools that allow you to sync your Google Drive files to your local computer. This way, you can access your files without relying solely on the cloud.Speaking of cloud solutions, I recently stumbled upon AI Cloud to Cloud Backup, which has been a lifesaver for me. It helps protect your cloud-stored data without the hassle of manual backups. It's worth checking out at https://loopbackup.com/ if you're looking for a way to safeguard your cloud files while keeping your local setup intact.