Allrighty, recently my computer has been dragging around a little and I beleive WinFixer to be the culprit. Half of the websites I access pull up a fake Windows error in a Microsoft Internet Explorer box saying I have spyware blah blah blah

As of now I have used the following but have been unsuccessful

McAffee

Privacy Guardian (To clear Internet files)

Ad-Aware

SpySweeper

and all are of to no avail, if someone could help it would just be stupendous!

There are 2 versions of Winfixer. One is the Winfixer 2005 software and the other is Winfixer pop up ads. Check Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.

Read this and follow carefully !

http://www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/winfixer-removal

You didn't run Spybot Search & Destroy or A2 Squared yet. You need to run many programs to rid yourself of spyware/maleware since they use different ceaning engines.

Get these too : Spybot Search & Destroy

Ewido security suite

A Squared personal

run them all in Safe mode and reboot then lastly run Highjack This after rebooting

***Make sure you unzip Highjack to it's own folder like this > C:\Highjack and

do not run from the desktop or my documents, important it is in it's own folder

Highjack This ver 1.99

Post your log in the Security forum in here, there is one for the HJT logs. In that thread say what you have run (above programs) and why you ran it (for winfixer)

I would go to the HJT board here and post a log. Have the HJT experts here help you. Follow mlegg's instructions.

Beware Winfixer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah T_T, I didn't put the link for that scam winfixer program, cuz it doesn't work !

The OP needs to run all the programs and then HJT to make sure it is gone, this is a crappy one to rid.