My friend just got this brand new dell, and hes not really into gaming or computers, but hes really into his music. the first day he got it, i was over there setting it up for him. of course that wasnt hard, all he had was a mouse and keyboard and monitor at the time. which was actually only about 2 weeks ago. anyhow, as soon as he got logged on, he opened wmp. its all funky and it doesnt work at all, hes at his playlist, which only has some dell sample songs and stuff on it, but it just wouldnt functiion right, it failed and closed. he had no spyware or anything on his computer of course. does anyone know what may be the problem? he has windows xp home sp. 2 and wmp 10

Edited by Schmidt1989

Well if your absolutely sure its just a problem with windows media player, and the computer is brand new.......then i would take the computer back and request for a new one or have it fixed. Mostly likely this wont be the case. Check out the speakers and make sure they are installed properly with the latest drivers. If not then re-installing windows media player wont hurt.

My friend just got this brand new dell, and hes not really into gaming or computers, but hes really into his music. the first day he got it, i was over there setting it up for him. of course that wasnt hard, all he had was a mouse and keyboard and monitor at the time. which was actually only about 2 weeks ago. anyhow, as soon as he got logged on, he opened wmp. its all funky and it doesnt work at all, hes at his playlist, which only has some dell sample songs and stuff on it, but it just wouldnt functiion right, it failed and closed. he had no spyware or anything on his computer of course. does anyone know what may be the problem? he has windows xp home sp. 2 and wmp 10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would first check File Associations to be sure that the appropriate file suffixes for his music filenames are checked for Windows Media. Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options.