I'm using windows XP home with all required updates. Norton anivirus. I can send emails but I cant receive emails. I tested the account and all was good. It isn't comcast the provider. I turned off the firewalls and disabled norton. Any ideas on what this could be? Spybot have some thing that could be doing this>?

Thanks

I'm using windows XP home with all required updates.  Norton anivirus.  I can send emails but I cant receive emails.  I tested the account and all was good.  It isn't comcast the provider.  I turned off the firewalls and disabled norton.  Any ideas on what this could be?  Spybot have some thing that could be doing this>?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More than likely, you probably have the wrong smtp address listed in Outlook.

I'm using windows XP home with all required updates.  Norton anivirus.  I can send emails but I cant receive emails.  I tested the account and all was good.  It isn't comcast the provider.  I turned off the firewalls and disabled norton.  Any ideas on what this could be?  Spybot have some thing that could be doing this>?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you mean POP server don't you? (incoming)

I checked the settings and rechecked the settings. They are good. This is an account that was working fine now for about one year. I called the provider and checked my information with them.. It test fine when I hit the test button. It appears I may have to reload office and maybe try that.

Just in case there is a office update that fixes it, check with Microsoft updates for Office 2003 updates, before reinstalling it.

Also check your Norton settings to make sure email settings ok.

I hope you get it fixed.

And turn Norton back on before something hits you, and get today's latest huge Norton antivirus updates! Lots of bad stuff out there waiting to get onto unprotected systems.

BTW, you don't have the XP firewall on along with Norton firewall do you? As I understand it, they do not coexist happily. So one or the other, I'd go with Norton myself.

P.S. Do you have a spam filter that could be causing the problem? Or does your Isp? Maybe incoming email is kicked out due to spam filter. Just a thought.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you mean POP server don't you? (incoming)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right. Pop3. My dyslexia shows itself once again.