Monitor Stays Black... **fixed**

Ok, i got home today after being away for a few days, when i left my computer it was perfectly fine. So i got home, turned it on. Got the boot beep, and everything fired up just fine, the cpu started, all the fans, the HD is going. And i waited for the video to display on the monitor.... nothing... So i figure the cable came loose some how. I adjust it... nothing. So i try to plug it into the onboard video, maybe somehow it siwtched. Nothing... The video card seems to be working fine, nothing is melted, fan still goes.

Im totally clueless on what is wrong. Anyone have some ideas?

Edited by fubz
Yup i've tried another one.  It still wont go on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok then, here what you do.

Start at the top, (or the bottom). Unplug one piece of hardware that your computer does NOT need to boot up.

EX: Hard drive, extra ram, cd drives, PCI cards etc..

THen, try to boot your computer.

If it still doesnt work, take another piece out. Keep going untill you have either found the problem or have run out of non-essential pieces of hardware to remove.

Hum? so when you plugged it into the on board video the monitor worked?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So i try to plug it into the onboard video, maybe somehow it siwtched. Nothing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for pointing that out there Bubba

Speed reading can bite you sometimes. as well as jumping threw 4 different help forums at 1 time.

Are you sure that the other monitor you tried is a working one? perhaps you have a Friend near by that you could check this? really no reason for you not to get the bios boot screen if the monitor is working and you tried both,

Another theory is

You have to change the Primary graphics to onboard in the bios for the onboard to switch back on. I know allot of bios have this feature and you can change it fro AGP/PCI/onboard.. If you monitor was not working then you would not be able to change it back.

Bubba has a good ideal about removing items but usually when it comes to a hardware part causing the computer to not boot then you usually would get a bios beep code.

check that monitor on a friends computer to assure it is working then let us know

Ok ok, im back, (girlfriend called me :P)

So the first thing i took out... the video card. Good news, while plugged into onboard video, it works! bad news. My video card better not be dead or im gonna have to rob bestbuy before i die due to lack of entertainment.....

Latest update:

just for giggles i plugged back my old video card, and the monitor, started it up. Bam it worked. But im runing dual monitors, it seems when i plug in the second, they both go out? Weird....

After a few unpluggins, repluggins, and reboots its all fixed. Now time to install linux. WOOT!

Edited by fubz
I assume we will soon see you in the Linux forum eh?....HAHAHAHAHA...Just kidding......Glad you got it worked out....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh ya definatly, im gonna be asking questions left and right. Get your keyboards ready boys and girls....