Building one is not very hard at all. As long as you have some basic skills with a screw driver, commen sense, and can read a manual you will do fine. And with $1500 you could build an amazing gaming computer.

Okay here you go, you can add take away items as you like but the one 2 things I would stay with are the motherboard and "BFG" video card. BFG is a little more expensive but they are the best. the motherboard offers SlI (The NVIDIA® SLI ™ (Scalable Link Interface) technology enables two PCI-Express cards on this motherboard to provide extreme performance over the edge) wow to video cards acting as one. imagine that performance. i have it and let me tell you its great. to upgrade just buy another video card (exact same)

The parts

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Full Version) Single-Pack OEM ***Free 2nd Day*** $89.99

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor (San Diego) Socket 939 Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $283.00

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce 4 SLI Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $164.50

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $319.99

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST3120827AS 120GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer ***Free 2nd Day*** $89.99

Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 1GB DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Memory w/Heat Spreader Retail *** Free 2nd Day *** $123.00

Asus CB5216ABLACK DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x32x52 Combo Drive (Black) Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $40.99

Thermaltake A2209 Xaser RF Wireless Keyboard & Mouse (Black) Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $51.99

Thermaltake Xaser III Skull VM3420BU Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window - Retail $130.00+$15.99 FedEx Saver Shipping =$145.99

Viewsonic VA712B 17in LCD Monitor (Black) Retail ***Free 2nd Day*** $245.00

Total= $1554.44

A very fast machine with all top notch parts

The only thing i left out was speakers/headphones, as far as a sound card? not needed at this point. the motherboard comes with a great sound chip. but you can upgrade in the future to a sound card

The on board audio offer

AI Audio (8-channel Audio)

A8N-SLI has eight channels of audio output with Coaxial and optical S/PDIF connector designed to maximize your auditory experience. AI Audio also provides "Jack Sensing" and "UAJ" functions. "Jack Sensing" automatically detects and notifies user of any inappropriate connection. "UAJ" function enables both input and output functions each jacks, thus eliminates the confusion of Line-in, Line-out and Mic jacks once and for all!

How to build a computer

Its not that hard but can be a little tricky for a first time builder. just make sure you read everything before you get started so you have an ideal. and then you can follow the instructions that you already read once as you build it.

a good place to go and get step by step instructions is

How to build a computer step by step

Now keep in mind it is not going to be exactly like what they are showing you due to being different manufactured/parts but the general ideal on each step is there.

Now what i would do if I was you is visit that page and read it all before you even order parts. this way you will know if this is something you would like to attempt. Then if you decide to build then read it again while the parts are being shipped.

Ask questions here if you have any at all. no question is a dumb question when it comes to building your first computer and the guys and few gals are great here and will help you with any trouble you may run into

Edited by Schusterjo