Hello,

I recently tried ghosting the C and G drives on a pc using XP PRO. I did this to get more space on a larger drive that had been partitioned and formatted. Both clones seemed to go without any problems. The systems clone did change from C to D and the G I forget what it changed to in cloning. I shutdown the pc and tookout the 2 original drives and put the clone in by itself. Keep in mind this was all done on the one pc. When I attemted to boot, it said something about an OS error when loading. I've never cloned a drive before, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of is that the cloned system drive had been changed to D. But I would of thought that the OS would of been spotted anyway as the only OS on the pc when it was booting up. The storage drive seemed to be fine when I originally checked it when all the drives were in. Music files did play and programs stored in that drive also seemed intact. Again thanks in advance! I'm sure this is something simple that people who do this all the time will know. And it is kind of important that I know how to do this properly too.

On a further update, I've got the clone of the bigger storage drive working just by changing the drive letter from within Windows. Now all the music and programs stored there are working fine and all seen by C drive. But I still am not sure how to clone the system drive C: as it seems to clone it perfectly but shows as D: in My Computer. Does anybody have experience with this. Can I just change the D to a C and C to something else. Then shutdown and make the hdd the master and take out the other? Would it boot then or is there another way that is safer?