Yes i recently jsut installed a new AMD Athlon XP CPU and was overclocking it a little... afterwords my operating system crashed so i had to reinstall it. and then it crashed again after messing around. but this time i tried formatting the drive and i was unable to. the error message that came up while on the windows xp installation screen said..

" Setup was unable to format the partition the disk may be damaged.

Make sure the drive is switched on properly connected to your computer. If the disk is a SCSI disk, make sure your SCSI devices are properly connected. "

I have no idea what to do? it was working properly an hour prior to this incident. If you could help me out that would be great.

ok, booting up in safe mode ain't gonna happen as you really don't have an operating system right now.

however, start the pc, and go into the BIOS, and make sure that you have either the SCSI or IDE enabled, whichever you have. you should first take a look-see at what type of hard drive you have, the label on the drive will tell you, but i'd suspect right now, you have an IDE hard drive. a SCSI hard drive, normally spins at or about at least 10,000 RPM's by the way (as a general, basic rule here).

once that you have checked into the BIOS and you have the IDE enabled, go and check also to see if the first boot device is the cd-rom drive. once you make sure of this, either by changing the boot sequence order, or if the cd-rom drive was already the first boot device, put the windows cd into the cd-rom tray, and then do a re-boot.

when the pc re-boots, go ahead and try to re-install/re-format your pc's operating system.

You need to reset the bios and reset it to default settings. you probably still have the setting that made you computer crash and need to change them back to the way they was before. then follow what prodrive suggested

usually you can reset the bios back to default 2 ways

1. enter the bios and find the selection that says set to default.

2. unplug the computer,find the jumper on the motherboard (usually really close to the bios battery) set the jumper tho reset, remove the Boise battery , wait a few minutes. put the jumper back, put the bios battery back in and reboot

get back to us and let us know