G4 And My Slow Running Cpu. Help!

So I'm trying to go to the G4 Forums and check out the fallout but when I try to access the pages they load reallllly slow... it's actually not even loading anymore. Could this mean that the forums are just getting a lot of traffic now or could this be the result of my brother going to some seedy sites a little earlier tonight (not that kind of seedy). All the other pages seem to load fine, its just the whole G4 page I'm having trouble with and the yahoo page is loading quite slow also.

any help would be great!

Welcome to BestTechie.

i'm also having some trouble with the G4 site right now. but just in case.

first figure out which os you have. (windows? Linux? Mac?)

then just post your questions in the right spot.

Windows Support

Linux Support

Mac

i would also find out a few more things. what type of internet connection you have, are there just certain sites that run slow? is everything on the computer running slow or just the internet.?

Edited by macmarauder

Hi Tommy,

And a warm welcome to you!! Occasionally I have trouble with an occasional site, too, and G4 seems to be one of the worst, I think its all the flashy ads and army popups that slow it down. Now that seems to be the only site being sluggish, right?? I always do a "test" with www.google when a site is loading slowly, if google comes up quickly, I can assume it's the particular site. And with all the "hullaballoo" going on with G4, I can imagine it is quite busy and buggy.

If many sites are being buggy, perhaps there is a spyware issue--do you have spyware scanners and blockers installed and updated, and have you run them?

Whoops, I see Macmarauder posted, too (waves!), make sure you follow his advice. He is an expert. I'm a noob. :)

Liz

So I'm trying to go to the G4 Forums and check out the fallout but when I try to access the pages they load reallllly slow... it's actually not even loading anymore. Could this mean that the forums are just getting a lot of traffic now or could this be the result of my brother going to some seedy sites a little earlier tonight (not that kind of seedy). All the other pages seem to load fine, its just the whole G4 page I'm having trouble with and the yahoo page is loading quite slow also.

any help would be great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Umm, with my 100+ years of Computer Experience, I have to say it *Has to be that Pic Of Morgan Webb* that you have as part of your Avvy that is causing all your problems..

Please return it and get your *Deposit Back*..