hi team i found a cure for spam mail

threaten your isp.with moving your account somewhere else

ha ha ha ha

i did this on the 26 -7 2005

and my in box hasent recieved a spam letter since

i dont even use message rules any more

why didnt some one tell me that before.

marty

The only problem there Marty, is now you do not know how much LEGITIMATE email you're possibly missing because of this.

Your ISP may be filtering way too much stuff and you'll never realize it....it doesn't bother them at all if they throw out good emails along with the bad, and it gives the impression that they are doing a good job for you, as you'll never know what you're missing.

I would much prefer to filter my own mail and not have my ISP touch it at all, but the vast majority of users on this ISP, have no idea how to filter unwanted mail, so the ISP goes with the majority who want them to filter it for them.

I know for a fact that I've missed some emails since I've had friends write back and ask why I never replied to something....well, I didn't recieve it...thats why.

The only problem there Marty, is now you do not know how much LEGITIMATE email you're possibly missing because of this.

Your ISP may be filtering way too much stuff and you'll never realize it....it doesn't bother them at all if they throw out good emails along with the bad, and it gives the impression that they are doing a good job for you, as you'll never know what you're missing.

I would much prefer to filter my own mail and not have my ISP touch it at all, but the vast majority of users on this ISP, have no idea how to filter unwanted mail, so the ISP goes with the majority who want them to filter it for them.

I know for a fact that I've missed some emails since I've had friends write back and ask why I never replied to something....well, I didn't recieve it...thats why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi chappy i didnt think of that

i had rules woking reasonably well

now that youve pointed it out.

i normally recieve up dates from the diabetes society.

and i havent recieved one for some time.

but i presumed they had nothing to send.

my isp has offered me 3 email addresses.

and im tempted to take up their offer

those emails were comming from one address

marty.

and their excuse was marty is a common

name and easy to access.

so i need to change it

but your post has given me food for thought

i havent recieved an email for some time.

i friend rang and said why arnt i recieving emails from you

and i thought him being a new user

he has his wires crossed.

but you may be right

ile contact my isp

thanks

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi chappy i didnt think of that

i had rules woking reasonably well

now that youve pointed it out.

i normally recieve up dates from the diabetes society.

and i ahvent recieved one for some time.

but i presumed they had nothing to send.

my isp has offered me 3 email addresses.

and im tempted to tke up their offer

those emails were comming to one address

marty.

and there excuse was marty is a common

name and easy to access.

so i need to change it.

but your post has given me food for thought.

i havent recieved an email for some time.

i friend rang and said why arnt i recieving emails from you,

and i thought him being a new user.

he has his wires crossed.

but you may be right

ile contact my isp

thanks

marty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>