Hey folks

This one has me stumped so far, so I'm asking for any help from y'all to see if anyone here may have seen it before.

I had been moving some files around, defragged my Virtual Machine OS's, going thru Event Viewer, checking processes and generally filling time for awhile.

I was just bored so I started to play around, looking at system files and stuff. I was looking at some of the hidden files in the root of C:, opening them with notepad just to poke around and see what I could learn.

Well after reading one file, I closed it and noticed a new file in the root of C: called t2cc and no file extension.

The file was 0 bytes and when I tried to open it, it wouldn't as it said it was being used by another process. I know that there is no system file that should be there with that name so I sandboxed it in another partition and went about trying to find out what it was and what created it.

I checked the properties of the file and it was created today, the same time it was accessed and modified, so that gave me nothing. I Googled the crap outta it and came up empty there also, so I tried retracing what it was I was doing the past while. Well, that did nothing too, so here I am...stuck trying to figure out how that file got there, and yes I have checked for virus, spyware and the like, and there are no unusual running processes.

Has anyone ever seen this file before in your travels?

I'm fairly certain it's a harmless file, but just how it got there is gonna drive me crazy!!!!!

Thanx for your time to whomever reads this and does some research as well.

Hi Mike

Yah, I researched that one to death actually.

It's just a forum for a game that uses the abbreviations T2CC, but would have nothing to do with the appearance of this file.

This one is gonna drive me nuts you know...I have to find out how that got there, and as a hidden file too!