I have a HP zv5000 laptop. The battery last for about 30-45 minutes. Will purchase a new battery. But the problem I have is the power cord does not "set" snug to charge the battery. I spend half my time fighting the dam plug.

My question is how do I find the type of DC connector that is on the laptop, aside fom opening it up. I found a site with hundreds of connectors. Need to figure which is the "one" I need.

Plan:

Replace the DC connector on laptop.

Replace AC adaptor

Replace Battery

M

Thanks murtu52. Didn't see it.

Edited by mikex
I have a HP zv5000 laptop. The battery last for about 30-45 minutes. Will purchase a new battery. But the problem I have is the power cord does not "set"nug to charge the battery. I spend half my time fighting the dam plug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, is the problem that the plug is not "snug" in the laptop? Sorry, i just hate typos too.... :lol::lol:

Hi Mikex,

This is probably too simple, and I don't own a laptop, but couldn't you bring the laptop to a Best Buy or a similar place and try different plugs?(I assume a place like that would have a variety) Then note which plug worked and order it from the site? Or would the different "power levels" or whatever they contain inside the wiring risk ruining the laptop? Be easy on me, I'm a real noob :)

Liz

Interesting. The connector that came with the HP/Compaq nx9010 I'm using now also doesn't seat snugly. In fact, it fell out just now when I sat up.

Nothing useful to add, except that I'm not sure I'd trust a replacement part from HP.