Rec. Multiple Emails In Outlook

I am an a few email list. When Outlook downloads these emails there is alwaysmultiple emails. If a person responde to five emails on the list I get five emails if two then I get two. I updated outlook. Tried what M$ KB said.

I use OE6 at home with "leave a copy on server" enabled. This is so I can check mail at night and still have it in the morning at the office.

Sometimes I get in and have 400 F'ing emails I have to delete 75% of them.

Looking into going to OE but it loads so damn slow when the folders fill up.

M

Hear the evil side calling mikex. Err i mean ThunderBird, i use it for several newsletter mailings. www.mozilla.org

Current stats

Inbox:144

ApacheBugs:599

HybridIRCD:249

MysqlCluster:489

MysqlGeneral:4582

MysqlInternals:2280

PHP Databases:1097

PHP General:6581

total:15877 emails

and it still loads as fast as the first day i installed it

also RSS feed counts

Zdnet:2222

TheRegister:3499

Pierce

Mike, I had a similar problem with one of my machines running exchange server. I had my Outlook set up at home to keep copies of the emails on the server so when i got to work, I could still read them, and do what I wish, as you mentioned. The only thing I did to remove this little duplication, was made sure before I left the office, that all the email that I was happy with was downloaded to my work computer, I got home and uncheck the leave copy on server check box...I clicked send and receive and maybe receive 3 or 4 emails (firewall warnings, nothing to important, daily thing), and it cleared the repititious emails on both sides, home and work computers. I then re-checked the box and set my days to 3. I check it everyday, so there isn't really a reason for that, but I know now, that if after 3 days I haven't checked it, or am receiving dups, it clears them regardless..

Maybe that will work, maybe that won't, but Thunderbird is definitely the way to go...(stupid M$ exchange server doesn't like it though)...so I run OUtlook at home with the EX and thunderbird for all the others...same at work...