Coke With Your Chips

i copied and pastered this and forgot from where...Did we already know this? Sorry if i'm being reduntant...

THE NEW YORK TIMES reports that chip giant Intel has struck a deal with an ad agency to put advertising inside video games.

But it's not just Intel that's hoping to ride this not entirely new idea. According to the report, Coca Cola, Dunkin' Donuts and other chains will do the same.

The idea comes from an agency called Massive which so far only has tech that works on PCs and are connected to the net. But the agency will also create software so that you can have ads on your Playstation or Next Box 2.

The net connection is important so that the agency can change ads as people navigate through levels and the like, but it's unclear so far whether if you're in a shooting or killing game whether you'll be able to frag the ads.

The idea, as we said, isn't novel. In fact, there's an anecdotal report that some racing car games of the past had ads which blurred so fast as you throttled up your motor that the frame rate of the ads acted subliminally.

I remember reading something similar to this about Ad placing in video games. Sounds kinda like what they are doing with TiVo, making it where you have to record the commercials and then you have ad placement starting to appear on the screen.

I spend most of my time at work...gotta pay the bills, but I am constantly on my Xbox and PC when i am at home. I understand that someone has to make money somewhere, but i hope they (Intel or Other) start selling games short on their playing time, just to make sure they add a few more Advertisements into the Picture.

And Plus doesn't every game, nowadays, have some type of advertisement on who supported the creation? I just hope they don't ruin the game industry kinda like they have to TV watching...10 minutes of showtime, 20 minutes of commercials...BLAH!