Downtime/Upgrades

Hello everyone:

I just wanted to post a quick update to my status as of late, as I have not been around for an extended time period.

I have been dealing with family issues, because my Grampa Baker Died on October 14th - We had a nice service, where we all gathered and then had the Graveside service at the cemetary, and then we gathered for a time at the Local American Legion Post, where we all spent time remembering my grampa, and I was able to see alot of good friends and family members, and see many people who knew him pay final respects.

Then, I had my new HD TV go on the fritz, and I sent it to NH, and then it went to New Jersey, and then came back 2 weeeks later, only to suffer another problem, with what I believe to be the picture tube. I have a technician that will come and fix the TV free of charcge, since I got it in May of 2009, and it is still under warrenty. Lucky for me - If this TV (Dynex 26') dies again, I will get a replacement TV - must be a fluke....I don't know.......

Then the ULTIMATE PROBLEM - Oddessy, which has been in service for 6 years, being used by my mom before me, died unexpectedly on October 22 - The machine was working fine on October 21, and the next morning, Oddessy was stuck in an endless reboot loop. After talking to 2 techs that I trust, I took Oddessy offline, and brought it to the D&K Enterprises Office, where my brothers stepdad did some work on the machine. I thought the Hard Drive Died, but Dan pulled her all apart all the way down to the motherboard and we found:

1 Two Burned out Capacitors

2. One DVD Drive was not booting, which was being detected by the BIOS, and we were able to determine that the drive was functioning, but that when we looked at the Motherboard, 2 capacitors looked strange, so he pulled them both and replaced them - So we pulled another machine, slaved my main drive, copied the needed fiies to my WD Mybook 320GB Drive, and then installed [Windows 7 Pro/b] on Oddessy, and about noon today, I got the call that she was ready, so I now have Windows 7 on board. This is one of the strangest weeks, and I have been trying to complete work before the holidays, so now I am gonna be working extra hard to get this done.

So, thats all from here - hopefully will be back up full by the weekend - Gee, I go away when all the awesome stuff happens - Congrats to Jeff on the Wyldryde Acquisition!! :)

Brian