The clicky thing If it doesn't work or ya don't do the clicky thing...

i think the big sneaky about this one is that it comes at you as one of those "Failed Mail Transactions". Stay Safe!

Source: Internet Week

Eight variations of the Mytob worm have appeared in the last five days, said Symantec Monday, all of them able to plant a backdoor on infected machines and prevent them from updating security software. The eight -- dubbed Mytob.j through Mytob.s with some final letter designations skipped -- are mass-mailed worms that spread by sending themselves to addresses they find on the target Windows PC. They can also spread, said Symantec, by exploiting the LSASS vulnerability in Windows. That bug, first disclosed in an April 2004 security bulletin, http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms04-011.mspx has been patched by Microsoft. Still, it remains a favorite target of hackers, who continue to find unpatched systems. Mytob also tries to prevent infected machines from reaching security update sites -- such as those operated by Symantec, Sophos, McAfee, and Microsoft -- by changing the PC's Hosts file. The worm comes with a variety of subject headings and attached file names and formats, but it often appears with the subjects of "Mail Transaction Failed" and "Error."

Thanks for the warning about this. Cute title to your link too.

I just found your thread today, as I wasn't on the computer for a couple of days. That's one of the things I like about the boards, if I miss something someone will have done a thread on it that will catch me up to speed again. Thanks!!!

God bless everyone.

Edited by thesidekickcat