Internet Explorer 6

Thanks for the warning Barb.

Could this be the same, or similar, to the sticky? thread Efwis did awhile back called "A New Theory Has Been Broken"? One of the people posting a comment on your linked article sounded like what we were reading on Tom Coyote's thread that Efwis posted about. Wasn't that a Java Exploit allowing it to happen? I am not sure, but think that is what I read.

God bless everyone.

Could this be the same, or similar, to the sticky? thread Efwis did awhile back called "A New Theory Has Been Broken"? One of the people posting a comment on your linked article sounded like what we were reading on Tom Coyote's thread that Efwis posted about. Wasn't that a Java Exploit allowing it to happen? I am not sure, but think that is what I read.

God bless everyone.

Hi thesidekickcat:

I think you are right. I just read it again, from Efwis thread. It certainly sounds like the same tactics.

Sorry to post the same thing. This is just written a little different, but sure looks like the same thing.

Barb :o

God bless everyone.

Hi thesidekickcat:

I think you are right. I just read it again, from Efwis thread. It certainly sounds like the same tactics.

Sorry to post the same thing. This is just written a little different, but sure looks like the same thing.

Hi Barb,

I was only questioning if the two sources could be talking about the same thing. I didn't mean to cause you to feel sorry about posting it. In fact I am sorry for making you feel sorry. (oh my if I keep going on here I will get more confused than my normal usual mixed up self. :rolleyes:)

Don't be sorry for posting any warnings, even if they are possibly duplicates.

For instance, yours might bring it to the attention of someone who missed the previous one, or saw it but didn't read it, or forgot it. Or yours might be in a more understandable form for some than the other one. Or may be different or a new twist on the previous one.

In other words, everyone go ahead and post what you find that could help save us from trouble. And then let's all get together to figure out what they mean in relation to others if it is pertinent, or brainstorm how to protect ourselves from the new threats. OK? :unsure:

God bless everyone.

God bless everyone.

Hi thesidekickcat:

Hi Barb,

I was only questioning if the two sources could be talking about the same thing. I didn't mean to cause you to feel sorry about posting it. In fact I am sorry for making you feel sorry. (oh my if I keep going on here I will get more confused than my normal usual mixed up self. :rolleyes:)

Don't be sorry for posting any warnings, even if they are possibly duplicates.

For instance, yours might bring it to the attention of someone who missed the previous one, or saw it but didn't read it, or forgot it. Or yours might be in a more understandable form for some than the other one. Or may be different or a new twist on the previous one.

In other words, everyone go ahead and post what you find that could help save us from trouble. And then let's all get together to figure out what they mean in relation to others if it is pertinent, or brainstorm how to protect ourselves from the new threats. OK? :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Hi thesidekickcat:

Hey, no problem. When I read the first one, I guess it didn't sink in. So, glad you mentioned it, so I could go back and re-read it, and with the one from Aunty Spam, it made more sense to me. Sometimes I don't get it the first time. :huh:

No big deal, my friend. Take care, and have a good evening.

Barb :D

Hi All,

Finally got around to reading the link! A few days ago I read the Tom Coyote article, went to compare just now and got a "This page cant be displayed...", but if I remember right, I think the Aunty Spam article was much easier to read and understand for my nontech mind. Or maybe its just the larger print :) (and I know Sidekickcat will agree with me there!) So, Barb, I'm glad you submitted it!

A question, though, this only activates if you click the pop-up, right?? One of our house rules is never click those things, so I'm *hoping* this idiot box is safe....for now. Want to make sure I'm reading the info correctly! Thanks, Liz

A question, though, this only activates if you click the pop-up, right?? One of our house rules is never click those things, so I'm *hoping* this idiot box is safe....for now.  Want to make sure I'm reading the info correctly!  Thanks, Liz

Hi Liz:

That is the way I understand it. If you do not know what it is, don't click it. I would just get off of that site.

My philosophy is "WHEN IN DOUBT, DON'T'

Take care

Barb :D