Cant Seem To Backup Pc Games

hehehehe sorry for the bother guys. ok well i have searched the web on how to backup pc games but i cant figure it out. i installed cloneCD once again and i was able to copy a pc game into a blank disc. i tried to play the game with the burned copy, but it told me to make sure the game cd is inserted in the cdrom. did i do something wrong?

I also have alcohol and nero was well. should i use alcohol instead? how exactly do i use alcohol to back up a pc game? how do i backup a game that has more than one install disc? thanx for all your help guys.

yes, thats true....you might want to try older copying programs, because those tend to disregard the copyprotection (heard this from a friend, he told me it works). Also, instead of making a backup, you could always make an .iso image out of the cd and set up a virtual drive on your computer (basically playing the cd off of your harddrive), and save the original disc so it doesn't mess up.

So install the cds, and then make a image and then mount it on a virtual drive? will this allow me to play the game without the first cd in the drive? and how many of these virtual drives can my computer have? or will it allow me to have as many as i want as long as i have space on my hd?

So install the cds, and then make a image and then mount it on a virtual drive? will this allow me to play the game without the first cd in the drive? and how many of these virtual drives can my computer have? or will it allow me to have as many as i want as long as i have space on my hd?

I believe so, but i'd check with a more experience person in this field....i'm not an expert in these kind of things....