I recently purchased a sony dvdrw and i have been enjoying it thus far. Except i have ran into a problem just now. It seems that when i insert a disc it will no longer autoplay it. Even though i have enabled the autoplay features in xp options. Windows wont either recognize a blank cd, even though when i start nero it reads a blank disc and then im able to burn files to the disc.

I think that this may have been caused when i installed and then uninstalled clonecd and anydvd from slysoft, but i aint sure. I have the latest firmware version, and my drive is a sony dru-710a. any help will be appreciated.

I have another question about my dvd burner so i might as well ask it here. Can i burn to discs that are at a lower speed? for example my dvd burner burns +R discs at 16x, can i burn to discs say that are 8X or lower? If the brand quality is good, can i still have the data burned at a good quality as well? oh btw my dvd burner is a sony dru-710a with the latest firmware version.

hi,

yes you can but if you are using Nero, then when you get to the stage where it says burning at 52X - change the setting in the drop down to the speed of the media.. 16X for instance otherwise the burn will start and it will fail with buffer overruns.

mikeyb