Emusic Doubles Prices, Snares Sony

eMusic doubles prices, snares Sony

And faces a mighty backlash

By Andrew Orlowski

, 3rd June 2009 10:44 GMT

"Pioneer music service eMusic has finally snagged a major label in Sony - but was it worth it?

On the back of the announcement there's a hard kick in the nuts for loyal subscribers: bundles have been cut and prices raised, leaving customers with half or a third of the download power they previously enjoyed.

eMusic offers DRM-free independent music with a fixed download allowance per month. The Sony deal brings back catalogue more than two years old from labels such as Columbia and RCA (such as Bruce Springstreen, The Clash and David Bowie) into the fold."

The register for full story - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/03/emusic/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just what we needed, another "excuse" for those who steal music, "They doubled their prices!"

So? Pay up or do without. I double-checked the Constitution and there's STILL no right to inexpensive music.

True.

There's also no right to good music. But it's still available for little cost. Public libraries, internet radio, friends cd's, etc. That and some ripping and burning software.

I guess it has a lot to do with what you like also. I just found a complete 9 record LP (remember those) set of the Beethoven's symphonies. A mint collection recorded on London with the NY Philharmonic and Leonard Bernstein. I was walking by a Goodwill store, went inside to look around and there it was. Total cost: $1.

Now if I can only find my old turntable.........