Hello guys & Gals! A few weeks ago i bought a 500GB Simpletech USB Drive for my music to go with my laptop. I use iTunes to play my music. When I'm finished using my drive I always stay in the habit of removing the drive by clicking the safe to remove icon in system tray. Here's my problem After I close iTunes and any window that uses my drive, I then remove my drive from my laptop, but I always get a window that says -

"Windows Can't stop your' device because its in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again later."

There no other program or window thats open. Why can I not remove my drive as this happens all the time. I check the processes in task manager but can't find anything that involves the drive. Anyone have any good ideas on a easy way to get my drive to remove safely would be great and not so much a hassle.

Thanks Take care :thumbsup:

Sceeter32

connect the external hard disk and than safely remove from the computer. the pop up will not come up.

if the pop up comes again . go to the my computer right click on it >select the device manage. select the usb device tab. and click rescan.

if needed delete the entry from there.

restart the computer.