Online Banking

Just did my weekly shopping yesterday and chatted with the cashier watching the limited item self-checkout aisles (I've known the guy for years -- not relevant I guess, but ...). A lady was checking out and was at the stage where she was scanning coupons, which he had to "approve" (which he did just by clicking on the overview screen at his station and telling her to go ahead). I asked about coupons and he said "some" coupons require approval.

Putting this thing together, one piece of knowledge at a time ...

I do all my online buying and bill paying with paypal. I hate using them but they seem to be everywhere. They also have a authentication key that I've been using for a little over a year now.

paypal-security-key.jpg

I've used only Online banking for years. I even had to ask someone the cost of a postage stamp. I haven't "mailed" anything for years! ....except the occasional pre-paid envelopes.

I use a secure Online purchase program that Discover card has. For each purchase, it generates a "new" credit card number that is in turn tied to my real number.....but NEVER gives out the REAL number!!! I've used it for even more years than Online banking. If there were to ever be an issue with a number given to a website, that number would be tied back to ONLY that site!!

With both the banking and Online credit card use, I use KeePass....copy & paste....NO keylogging.

I tried PayPal once! NOT impressed!!! It was with a site that was one of the few to not take Discover card. Now, I just won't use a site that won't take it. ...that's been he ONLY site!