Indiana Unemployment Delayed.

More than 200,000 Hoosiers draw benefits through a debit card. Those whose weekly deposits were supposed to be made Monday ran into a problem.

"We're usually pretty prompt in our payment schedules, usually by ten or eleven o'clock in the morning, folks can go to their debit cards and receive their money," said Marc Lotter, Indiana Department of Workforce Development.

It was around that time the Indiana Department of Workforce Development started getting calls from other people experiencing the same problem. An investigation found problems with communication between the state's computer network and the card vendor's network.

"We have a number of upgrades that are going on with the computer system right now, we also have an unusually large number of claimants that are going through that, so when you add all that together, we have a little bit of a delay," said Lotter.

link

Conficker?

Some counties are running 18% unemployment because of the automotive RV collapse.

Uh-oh. This is very relevant to me right now, I'll be lookin' out for it. I get direct deposit and check that it's there on the day it's supposed to appear, but I can easily imagine late payments considering our state's rocketing unemployment.

Well they have to do it sometime and there is a possibility of people not being able to access things when they are working on the system.

They had the same problem here with the food stamps debit card once.

It would have been nice if they had warned everyone that there could be delays and complications when they did the transition; and maybe scheduled it for THE WEEK BEFORE rather than when everyone is expecting a new deposit.

Well they have to do it sometime and there is a possibility of people not being able to access things when they are working on the system.

They had the same problem here with the food stamps debit card once.

It would have been nice if they had warned everyone that there could be delays and complications when they did the transition; and maybe scheduled it for THE WEEK BEFORE rather than when everyone is expecting a new deposit.

You just jogged my memory.

The same independent contractor that used to manage the Texas system took over up here.