Sony Vaio Vista Laptop Key Does Not Work

I had a Sony Vaio laptop that came preinstalled with an OEM copy of Vista Home Premium. When I tried to reload it using an OEM Vista dvd it rejected the key. I have never had a key rejected before. My only thought was the key was misprinted. Any ideas to why the key would not have worked?

For what its worth, this dvd works fine using any other oem Vista key.

I had a Sony Vaio laptop that came preinstalled with an OEM copy of Vista Home Premium. When I tried to reload it using an OEM Vista dvd it rejected the key. I have never had a key rejected before. My only thought was the key was misprinted. Any ideas to why the key would not have worked?

For what its worth, this dvd works fine using any other oem Vista key.

Hello Have you tried phoning sonys tech support or Microsoft to see if they can fix this problem that your having with your product key.

The thought of spending several hours on the phone sounds hellish.

edit add later//

I considered calling sony, but all they would have told me would be to use one of their restore cds. I did not want to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

While Jogging and listening to Windows Weekly. I think i figured out what the problem was. The particular laptop, VGN-cs110e, some models were sold with 64 bit Vista. The disc I had was 32 bit. This was the first OEM computer I have even came across the did not have a 32 bit install of Windows. So the 64 bit key was not compatible with my 32 bit OEM disc.

It all makes sence. Even after doing a restore using the built in partition, my wife said many things were buggy and not working(I am guessing, because it was 64 bit). Since we installed 32 bit vista on it, she has not had any odd issues.