It All Started With The Router

Ok, I'll try to make this as short as I can.....I put a Linksys router on my e-machines T2042, (XP Home) to hook it up with my HP (Windows 98se). Had a tech guy come and run the NetBUI, everything worked. On the emachine, I started getting errors when trying to run real player in cbs.com, that had to do with the firewall settings. At the same time, the HP was dying, so I figured I would unhook the router, until I get a newer pc to connect to the emachine. Ok, I was still getting the firewall error, so unistalled Realplayer, I used Reg edit to take out everything that had to do with Realplayer, figured I would reinstall it fresh. Well, in theory that would work. I KNOW for a fact that everything I did in Reg edit had to do with Realplayer, didn't take out anything else except for Nokia stuff, cause that phone was stolen, so I won't be putting any pics from it on the pc :( Anyway, I digress.... NOW, when I go to put Zone alarm on here, I get errors.. The first one was this: SSLEAY32.dll is missing, cannot install. So, I went to the dll library, it says I have to pick something to open it with, never had that happen before, so question #1) what the heck do I pick?

Second problem installing Zone Alarm, I get this error: C:\Docume~1\Liz~1\Temp\vsutil.dll(ussetprotection) What the heck is that?

All I wanna do is get this router out, cause it's gonna be awhile before I can afford a new pc to hook up to it, and install ZA as my firewall, and be able to watch videos on cbs.com.

The other thing that happens, which I'm figuring has to do with security, is I get alot of this page cannot be viewed, and when I go to Real.com to try to redownload realplayer, is the pics aren't there, they're all the little red X's.

::sigh:: HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hi and Welcome,

Here are a few things to try.

In IE

Tools

Intertnet Options

Delete Cookies

Delete Files - make sure you tick the box for delete all offline content too

Advanced tab

Under Multimedia tick show pictures

Apply/OK

I assume you have the pc having problems is the one where the router is connected to? Which is the XP one?

Next, uninstall Real Player if you reinstalled it.

Once those Real Player is uninstalled, download this dll. (I am assuming that Zone Alarm is installed)

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ssleay32

Then put it in the proper place. Which i believe is: C:\Windows\system\zonelabs\ssleay32.dll

Then, download this free media player, which I think is better than Real Player, and will play real files as well as many other file types.

UltraPlayer

Then reboot, and post back with updates. Then we can go from there.

Hopefully that helps. :D

B

Ok, I got the dll in, Zone Alarm is installed, thank you.

The videos I want to watch insist on Real player, so I'm not sure how to do that in Ultra player. I still get the windows that say the site can't be displayed. Red X's instead of pics. I had the pics option under advanced already checked, so that wasn't the problem. It still seems like a security issue, but I can't find anything different than I had before.

Ok, sorry, about that. I misread the real player part of the question. So uninstall UltraPlayer.

To uninstall UltraPlayer:

Close UltraPlayer.

Press the START button on your taskbar and select "Settings", then "Control Panel".

Double-click the "Add/Remove Programs" icon.

In the list of programs on the "Install/Uninstall" tab, highlight "UltraPlayer" and press the Add/Remove button.

You will be asked if you really want to remove UltraPlayer. Press YES.

UltraPlayer will be removed from your computer.

In IE

Tools

Internet Options

Security Tab

Click Default Level

Privacy tab

Set to Medium

Apply/Ok

Next, go download Real Player.

Then, post back. :D

B

Ok, I'm fixin to get ugly :angry: Did all that, and still no change-Realplayer won't even start the download...........Still gettin page can't be displayed, red X's, etc. What the heck is the problem??????????? (general question, not demanding you need to actually figure it out)

I only know how to clear the reg in the program I have (Reg Cleaner), I don't know how to get here: Windows\System32\DRIVERS

I'm not as techy as I prolly should be, I don't usually go into the reg itself.

Go to Windows Explorer...(Not Internet explorer- the big blue E) It's probably not a shortcut for you...Sould be under start >programs>Windows explorer. This brings up all the files on your hard drive....Double Click on C: (drive) scroll down to Windows and double click that....look for the System 32 folder..double click on that..and then look for the drivers folder..double click on that and you are in that folder...Hope this was what you were asking for ......