Can Anyone Help Me With Remote Desktops? :)

Hi everyone, im trying to connect my PC to my brothers PC downstairs using remote desktop so i can use it when i need to, but im having difficulties. Could any help me run through it? I have a router in my room and my brothers PC connects to it from downstairs wirelessly.

I followed all the information i could find on the net and managed to get the remote desktop window open, but it requires a login. My comp doesn't have a username or a password so i tried using Administrator in the Username with no password and that didnt work, it said 'unable to log you on because of an account restriction', then i tried setting up a password for the administrator account and trying that but it still doesnt work, this time it says 'the system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case'. I tired having the guest account on and logging in with 'Guest' and no password but it says 'your account has been disabled. please see your system administrator'

What do i need to do? Is there something i am doing wrong? My brothers PC is the host and im trying to connect to it. I have taken his IP and used that as the computer name in the Logon settings under 'Remote Desktop Connection'. Underneath that it asks for 'User name', what should go there? At the moment its Administrator and im logged in as Admin. Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks soo much :)

The host computer must be running WinXP Pro.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/using/m...emoteintro.mspx

The other computer needs to have Remote Desktop Client software installed on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...RDCLIENTDL.mspx

If the host computer is using WinXP Home read the following tip.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/14/i...p-home-edition/

Underneath that it asks for 'User name', what should go there? At the moment its Administrator and im logged in as Admin. Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks soo much :)

Set up a new user account on your brothers computer with a password. Then use that user and password to log in. You could also just add a password to your brothers account and use his username.

Dude, your my hero! Worked straight away! I created an acocunt called Dave and password and then used that on the remote desktop client on my PC. One thing i have noticed though is its logs out my brother as soon as i login in using his details and logs me out when he logs in. How can i get it so he can see me working on his computer? Would i need to create another user account on his PC or use the administrator account on his PC? Thanks soo much for the help bro! :thumbsup:

If he takes the time to look at the welcome screen it will show you as being logged in. at that point he could choose not to bump you off.

I like windows built in remote desktop because it automatically resizes the resolution of the server machine to match that of the client machine, that is a great feature. Between two Windows computers, it works really nice.

The following may be a better solution for you. You can use the free version of real vnc.. It works by installing the server on the computer you want to control and the client on the other computer. This would allow you to control his login at the same time as him.