Connected But No Internet

Hi everyone,

Well I have another networking issue in my brother's PC. For our setup we have a Belkin 802.11 g wireless router connected wirelessly to a Nintendo Wii, and 2 Windows XP machines. Everything is good on the Wii and my machine, but it is on his machine where it shows its connected to the network just fine, but has no internet in Opera or IE. Now when I restart, the internet will work for a few minutes, then will just go out. I have googled this but I get lots of results with typing stuff into the CMD and getting logs, but I can't read those at all. I have tried manually reseting the WinSock, using WinSockXPFix, using System Repair Engineer, and ran ipconfig/renew. I am out of ideas, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Monster

Has this computer been connected to other networks?

I see this on Laptops which have been connected to another network while traveling and when they come home the other network is set as default.

It still connects to the router and shows the wireless connection as valid and good strength but the two computer network icon shows limited or no connectivity and no internet.

The simple solution is to edit the wireless list for the wireless adapter, remove all the other networks shown and choose your current as default.

Also right click my network places and choose properties , locate your LAN and choose properties , locate Internet Protocols , choose properties

Make sure it is set to the correct settings; generally obatain IP address automatically, obatin dns automatically, gateway ....)