Sp2 Making Things Go Crazy

This is a two part question

I installed SP2 yesterday and it is making almost all my programs use 20,000 or 30,000K's before it use to be like 4000 or 5,000K's what is happening? I have Win XP Pro (Theres a pic of the task manager at the bottom)

Before I was downloading a file and it went fast but than stoped after a few hours, I turned off the M$ firewall and I think it's fixed so say I get another firewall like ZA Pro will it work proper with the M$ firewall off?

Um also something kind of dumb I did I went to C:>Windows right clicked and chose hidden to hide folder and files, how can I unhide them? damn me <_<

taskmanager8kk.jpg

First, Unhiding Folders....Go back to C:>Windows, on the top taskbar, click on "Tools" and choose "Folder Options". Then Click on the "View" tap. and look for "Hidden files and folders". Then put a check at "Show hidden files and folders" click apply and there they are.

Second. Yes. ZA works fine without the XP Firewall. It has allot better control over your programs. The XP firewall only blocks incomming traffic. ZA works both ways and you have control over what's allowed. (The free version is fine if you don't want to upgrade to the Pro version).

Third. Boot into "Safe Mode" Then do a "Disk Cleanup" And "Defrag" your Hard Drive. After a couple of reboots, things usually get into order after installing SP2.

Edited by JSKY