New Grocery Store

"BuyMore" has just opened a new, state of the art 'Megastore' here in town.

It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and get the clean smell of fresh rain.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and you experience the scent of fresh cut hay.

In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks, burgers, & brats...maybe even a hint of grilled onion or pineapple.

In the liquor department, the fresh, clean, crisp smell of a tapped Bohemian Beer.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bakery department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked yeast bread, apple pie, & cookies.

I don't buy toilet paper there any more.

[From Backwoods Home Magazine Humor pages]

• 12 years later...

That sounds like whole new level of grocery shopping!:) I miss grocery shopping with my kids, haven’t been doing groceries together for a while now. They would love this megastore (if it’s even real??)... they also kinda like it when I order my groceries via HODXpress, when I’ve filled my part of the cart I give them a spot or two to select something for their own. Me happy, kids happy, everybody happy:)