OK gang here is something simple or so I hope. I have an AMD 4200 X2 64 bit PC with 3GB of ram and running with an PNY 8500GT 512mb video card. I am running windows vista ultimate. with the 320 WD true green or what ever that eco friendly al gore hippy junk type of hard drive. I have not had any problems until now to where the PC is freezing on both login screen and in windows. I have to hit the reboot button and then go back in but then it works for a min or so and then locks up again. Now this is on a low level formated drive. I ran the WD drive tester, no errors. I then ram memtest and so far it has found no errors? Do you guys think PS is crapping out? it is a 400 watt PS. It is from a store here locally called www.ditcorp.com I have purchased from them for a while now and have had no problems for a while. I am thinking the PS is going out but thought this is the place to ask, so what u guys think?

Also ram memtest and after 1 pass it has 0 errors.

No. I just recently ran windows update and it had a Serial ATA and internet driver to download and so far so good.
possibly. It may just be a load of windows that is going bad(various reasons). Does it freeze up in safe mode?

No. I just recently ran windows update and it had a Serial ATA and internet driver to download and so far so good.

Now that scares me. There have been to many instances of Windows Update misidentifying hardware and installing incorrect drivers causing serious problems. And the most common thing they misidentify is hard drive controllers.

If you know for sure what driver it updated you may want to try a driver rollback.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...errollback.mspx

Well it is working so I will not bother it. I like things to just work.

Now that scares me. There have been to many instances of Windows Update misidentifying hardware and installing incorrect drivers causing serious problems. And the most common thing they misidentify is hard drive controllers.

If you know for sure what driver it updated you may want to try a driver rollback.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...errollback.mspx