Grilled Tuna Side Dish?

The family and I are going to my Dads for Fathers Day. We are going to grill tuna. Any suggestions to a simple side dish that will go well with rare tuna?

Sorry It took so long to answer.

I would have gone with something cool, acidic, citrusy...

Like the Mexican Pasta Salad we had on Cinquo de Mayo bbq.

This was our original recipe

"Mexican Pasta Salad" (the only thing really requiring a plate and utensils ) Spiral pasta with black beans, diced onions, cilantro, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes , sour cream (ranch) dressing and lime juice and grated cheddar cheese ( I wanted to add corn too but the OL said no).

Here is an improved upon version. Or you can google it Mexican Pasta Salad with Black beans and corn.

Nice thing is you can vary it based on what you like and don't or can just have all the ingredients and let folks do the salad bar approach.

Pasta , cooked and cooled. Macaroni is probably most traditional, but bow ties, spirals, or any other bite sized one will do.

Corn. I like to grill it in the husk and then cut it off the ears to add to the salad, but you can use a can of kernel corn or frozen kernels.

Black beans. Canned is best here, drained and rinsed.

Garbanzo beans if you want some extra crunch.

Onion. This time of year Vidallia (sweet georgia ) is best, but if you can't get them red onions or any sweet onion. I prefer sliced in half moons to diced so you can stab and get some of everything. Of course you can scoop with a spoon or fork too.

Bell Pepper , Red or green . Again cut how the onion was diced or thin slices.

I would throw in some seeded and deveined jalapeno or hot banana peppers too.

Olives if you want em

Cilantro chopped up fine

Lime juice (or lemon or a combination)

Olive oil

Shredded cheese , cheddar or monterey jack

Then for those who want to jazz it up have some avocados or guacamole, ranch dressing or sour cream based dip, hot sauce (tabasco) , cold salad shrimp , cumin powder , garlic powder etc whatever you think would go good with it.

Edited by Pete_C