OK I have DD-WRT .24 installed on my linksys router and I have not figured out how to do the join deal? I mean I hit join on a few networks around here and I was not able to see the router on my ibook. I was not even able to get on the web with it connected to the router. What is the deal? amd I doing something wrong?

Not at all. If you could go back and reread the orginal post, I asked that I would love to know how to use the join feature on the wifi options. I did a site survey and seen there was a way to join the router to another wireless network or so my thinking is. So I clicked join and nothing happened. I could still see the router as I labled it but I seen in the properties that it had the other wireless network's name but I was getting no web or anything from it. So what is the deal here.

You're asking how to setup your router to connect to the Internet?

Are you trying to jump onto your neighbour's wireless signal through your own wireless router? Sounds like you are trying to bridge wireless connections, which may require further setup. However, if this is what you are attempting to do, why not use your own internet connection? Perhaps the reason you cannot connect is that the other signal is protected.

I am trying to get it onto my own network so I can get it all over the property. It is not working when I try to join the networks. I have even talked to my neighbors and tried to get on their open routers and it is not working I mean I just don't understand how this join thing is supposed to work. I have tried the bridge and everything.

Are you trying to jump onto your neighbour's wireless signal through your own wireless router? Sounds like you are trying to bridge wireless connections, which may require further setup. However, if this is what you are attempting to do, why not use your own internet connection? Perhaps the reason you cannot connect is that the other signal is protected.