First Road Trip To Burlington

Hello Everyone:

Well, Jeff took a vacation with Mandy, so I decided about 3 weeks ago that I would take a "Vacation" for a couple days away from the ratrace and everything I do around here. To do this, I have to take a bus from Barre to Burlington. The 2 Companies run busses from Montpelier to Burlington Monday to Friday, so I just have to make sure I board my City Bus to get to Montpelier, then board the Link Express to Burlington. I planned this trip for Tuesday and Wednesday

I had to leave my house about 5:40 am, and I got the bus in Montpelier about 6:30, and was in Burlinton at 7:45am. I had my friend Bill meet me at the terminal and run me down to his house, and then later, met my girlfiiend at the mall and had fun, then retuened to my friends house later that afternoon. Later that night, I talked to some friends by phone, and watched some DVD's.

Yesterday, I had my friend take me to Burlington Square Mall on Church Street, and then I came back to my friend's house, then met my girlfriend aain and talked for about 1/2 hour, then she went to work, and I hung out waiting for the Link Express bus to Montpelier.

I got home at about 6:45-7:00 PM, and I was tired, hot, and happy. This is the first time that I had taken a ride on The Link Express, on one of thier new 400 Series busses, with ramps built into the floor, and the Wheelchairs ride in the front left and right side positions. The bus ride was uneventful both ways, and the bus was FULL of commuters going both ways. I am happy, because I now can make the transitions from Washington County (Montpelier VT) to Chittenden County (Burlington VT) quite easily, and now I can visit friends in Burlington with ease!!

This trip is the first time I had been in Burlinton alone since 1991-1992. I rreally wanted to show that I could do it, and I did - I didn't have to ask anyone to take me there, and I could GO anywhere I wanted. My friend Bill assisted both myself and my girlfriend (we both use wheelchairs) with doors, and other assistance tasks as necessary, and it was really nice to just GO and not worry about phone calls, or what was going on in Barre for a while. When I was in College, there were tons of places to go, things to do, and I do have family close by, but this makes me so happy that I almost cried as I made the Burlington CCTA Terminal - WHAT a BLAST. My Girlfriend told me that she would love to see me again, and I think that after this experience I will do it again :)

I am glad to be home, but it is always good to get away - Best $8.00 I EVER Spent - It feels so GOOD to do this :D

Brian

Hello Everyone:

Well, Jeff took a vacation with Mandy, so I decided about 3 weeks ago that I would take a "Vacation" for a couple days away from the ratrace and everything I do around here. To do this, I have to take a bus from Barre to Burlington. The 2 Companies run busses from Montpelier to Burlington Monday to Friday, so I just have to make sure I board my City Bus to get to Montpelier, then board the Link Express to Burlington. I planned this trip for Tuesday and Wednesday

I had to leave my house about 5:40 am, and I got the bus in Montpelier about 6:30, and was in Burlinton at 7:45am. I had my friend Bill meet me at the terminal and run me down to his house, and then later, met my girlfiiend at the mall and had fun, then retuened to my friends house later that afternoon. Later that night, I talked to some friends by phone, and watched some DVD's.

Yesterday, I had my friend take me to Burlington Square Mall on Church Street, and then I came back to my friend's house, then met my girlfriend aain and talked for about 1/2 hour, then she went to work, and I hung out waiting for the Link Express bus to Montpelier.

I got home at about 6:45-7:00 PM, and I was tired, hot, and happy. This is the first time that I had taken a ride on The Link Express, on one of thier new 400 Series busses, with ramps built into the floor, and the Wheelchairs ride in the front left and right side positions. The bus ride was uneventful both ways, and the bus was FULL of commuters going both ways. I am happy, because I now can make the transitions from Washington County (Montpelier VT) to Chittenden County (Burlington VT) quite easily, and now I can visit friends in Burlington with ease!!

This trip is the first time I had been in Burlinton alone since 1991-1992. I rreally wanted to show that I could do it, and I did - I didn't have to ask anyone to take me there, and I could GO anywhere I wanted. My friend Bill assisted both myself and my girlfriend (we both use wheelchairs) with doors, and other assistance tasks as necessary, and it was really nice to just GO and not worry about phone calls, or what was going on in Barre for a while. When I was in College, there were tons of places to go, things to do, and I do have family close by, but this makes me so happy that I almost cried as I made the Burlington CCTA Terminal - WHAT a BLAST. My Girlfriend told me that she would love to see me again, and I think that after this experience I will do it again :)

I am glad to be home, but it is always good to get away - Best $8.00 I EVER Spent - It feels so GOOD to do this :D

Brian

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vermont! It's hard NOT to have an enjoyable experience there.

How I miss it!