Help Something Happen To My System

I shut down my computer yesterday .... windows media player was running and firefox was open ... but I just click start and had window shut everything down ....

... when I boot up this morning my system is corrupt! webshot was gone ... all my favorite in IE and firefox was gone ... it's like a new install and I have to do everything all over ...

... tried system restore of course that didn't work ... what the hell happen? :unsure: where's all my shit ... it couldn't have disapeared!

I can't believe this ... my special sound for opening and closing windows has been replace with default sound ... how could this happen ... a virus? AVG scans the system everyday ... I had no report of virus ... my display setting are back to default ... and when I loaded window I got somekind of message about logging on ... which I never do ... this is weird ...

Update ....

From what I gather it looks like something swiped my registry ... AVG Zonealarm, IE, Firefox, all act as if it's the first time running ... I'm pieces things back together but am worried it will happen again when I shut down ... :wacko:

Edited by spirittoo