Outlook Express 6 Trouble

For some reason my Outlook Express 6 stopped being able to send email. I can download just fine, but if I want to send mail it tells me Outlook Express is confiugred wrong, it can't access my Address Book, and can't open any stationary. Sometimes it just says Error, no explanations. I have the same email accounts set up on my laptop which work just fine. I think that one of the automatic downloads from Microsoft for Office and Windows XP must have screwed this up. How can I re-install Outlook Express? How do I re-configure it?

I tried to set up Outlook, but it won't allow me to set it up either. Once again, it can't access my email accountants or address book.

Help????

I tried that through Outlook, setting up a new profile with all the same email account information and set it as my default profile. All the settings tested correctly and sent the sample emails. So when I tried to open Outlook, same story; it tells me it can't access my email accounts and to go back and set up a new profile yaddah yaddah.

I downloaded Mozilla and installed it, and it works fine but I can't import my address book into it; it doesn't recognize that there is any address book on my computer. But when I double click on it in Windows Explorer it (the address book) pops right up. It's there, Windows or any of it's products just doesn't want to recognize it. Is there a way I can get Mozilla to recognize the WAB file and import it?

Edited by Gus

Is your firewall configured to allow Inbound/Outbound access for OE6 or Outlook? To import the address book into Thunderbird go to Tools then select Import. Address Book should already be selected so all you need to do is click Next. Highlight the email program in the list that you want to import the address book from and click Next. It will take a couple of minutes. When done clcik Finish.