The Universe Is A Vr Simulation? Interesting Theory:-)

I'm still tryin' to grasp the "fact" that since the Universe is infinite, there will be duplicate combinations of ... everything ... somewhere else. An identical galaxy, planetary system, an identical Earth, every single thing ON Earth, duplicated, and at the exact same point in time (someone exactly like me is typing this message at this exact moment ... Arrghh).

I found this paper linked at /., it is an interesting read........ a bit weird. The matrix has you. :matrix:

Universe a VR Simulation?

New twist on the old theory that the universe is just a dream in the mind of some higher consciousnes. Just a bunch of philosophical psychobabble.

Finite yet boundless

Infinite yet bounded

Infinite and boundless

Finite and bounded

There are many possibilities and other than through thought experiments there may be no real difference or way to tell them apart.

I mean even if the universe is infinite; there is an event horizon just as there is for a black hole. A point beyond which the expansion (inflation) would mean that relative to you the boundary is expanding at the speed of light. Anything beyond that would be inaccessible; although its influence on nearer objects would be observable. (In fact it could explain the inflation ).

Even if it is finite and unbounded, would there not be an event horizon ? Or would the inflation slow down ?

What about m theory. What if all of existance is the resultant vibrations caused by our membrane iteracting with (bumping into) another ? What if it bumps into another membrane? Will there be another big bang? If the physical constants of our universe were the result of that initial collision would the second bang change all physical constants or would they be constrained to the current ones and merely add energy and mass to the universe? Would it inflate so that critical density is not reached?

The question is moot, but interesting.

New twist on the old theory that the universe is just a dream in the mind of some higher consciousnes. Just a bunch of philosophical psychobabble.

*cough*

Did someone come up with a persuasive argument for naturalism when I wasn't paying attention?

I found this paper linked at /., it is an interesting read........ a bit weird. The matrix has you. :matrix:

Universe a VR Simulation?

Yeah, probably........but an interesting slant on things:-) I enjoy enigmatic theories , ideas.