my cousin saw an offer for a laptop on the past black friday, and apparently the salesman told him that this offer was just part of a whole package that he had to purchase in order to get the laptop for the 299.99 offer, well in this package there were several computer accesories and he didn't mind to purchase them as well, however, there was one thing that he didn't want to purchase, which was internet service that they were offering, he insisted that he didn't need it since he already had service active, nevertheless the salesman insisted arguing that it was part of the package and that everything on the package had to go in order to get the laptop at that price, my question is, can they actually force you to buy something you don't need?

Edited by intocomputing2

It appears that the internet service was a part of the deal. Your cousin now has the option to accept the offer as stated or pass on the offer. It's called free enterprise. There are verry, verry few free lunch stands left and it looks like the salesman wasn't running one.

my cousin saw an offer for a laptop on the past black friday, and apparently the salesman told him that this offer was just part of a whole package that he had to purchase in order to get the laptop for the 299.99 offer, well in this package there were several computer accesories and he didn't mind to purchase them as well, however, there was one thing that he didn't want to purchase, which was internet service that they were offering, he insisted that he didn't need it since he already had service active, nevertheless the salesman insisted arguing that it was part of the package and that everything on the package had to go in order to get the laptop at that price, my question is, can they actually force you to buy something you don't need?

Quick reply to the salesman.

"Take this offer and shove it".