Am I nuts with my following thought?

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2007/11...va-vm-in-vista/

What Do You Think?

Don Van Wie - November 14, 2007 @ 6:39 am

Why would one need to remove MSJVM from Vista when Microsoft was ordered not to integrate it their operating systems since Windows XP SP1? It would seem to be a bit insane to do an upgrade Vista install on any OS previous to Windows XP SP1a that included MSJVM. I can acknowledge that some companies still require the use of MSJVM for their servers, but it would have been purposely installed from a download not included with Vista.

What was your reply.......

The one quoted above. I'm Don Van Wie. :whistling:

Vista should not contain MSJVM due to the Sun Java lawsuit. MS quit including it after WinXP SP1. Anyone who has it installed in Vista would need to download and install it. There are still some companies that require it's use with their servers. Kind of foolish that they do.

What was your reply.......

The one quoted above. I'm Don Van Wie. :whistling:

Vista should not contain MSJVM due to the Sun Java lawsuit. MS quit including it after WinXP SP1. Anyone who has it installed in Vista would need to download and install it. There are still some companies that require it's use with their servers. Kind of foolish that they do.

LOL......

OK.... Now I know. :lol: