My Gmail, Mail Deleted?

Has this happened to anyone else? My 90MB or so of archived emails, plus almost everything in my inbox is GONE!! Ive only got a total of 3 emails left in my entire account... :unsure:

I havent found anything about it on the internet. I know Google had some problems in Janurary, but this just happened.

EDIT:

I just realized my contacts are gone to. Some of which I have no way of getting again. This is great...

Edited by Bubba Bob
Has this happened to anyone else? My 90MB or so of archived emails, plus almost everything in my inbox is GONE!! Ive only got a total of 3 emails left in my entire account... :unsure:

I havent found anything about it on the internet. I know Google had some problems in Janurary, but this just happened.

EDIT:

I just realized my contacts are gone to. Some of which I have no way of getting again. This is great...

Wow, that sucks!

I always had that type of thing in the back of my mind regarding online services. Sure, they are great,...... no hard drive to worry about, virtually unlimited archives etc. But what happens when THEY fail?

I have all kinds of important email archives, contacts, receipts, records etc. on Gmail. Guess I'd better back them up!

I hope you're able to recover yours Bubba Bob.

Edited by irregularjoe

EDIT:

I use the pop access and rarely check mine and never bothered to archive any , I just leave em in the inbox incase I want to download them on another PC .

I should do it more often just to make sure they are not putting things in the spam folder which do not belong there (I actually found one ).

Thanks for the well wishes Joe. Hopefully I can get them back somehow, but I dobut it. Ive always assumed Google used some sort of redundant system to prevent this. I guess that may not be feasible for FREE email accounts?

Pete, Ive found Gmails spam filter to be one of the best. I get several hundered spam emails per day and 99.X% of them go directly to the spam folder, and rarely ever do I find a non spam message there. Leaps and bounds past what I remember MSN being.

Ok, in an odd twist, all my contacts and messages show up in IE, but in my daily driver, opera, they dont?? :wacko:

In Example, my accoutn is 0% full in Opera, and 2% full when veiwed in IE.

EDIT:

I signed out and back in under Opera and everything is back to normal. Very strange.

Edited by Bubba Bob

Glad to hear your stuff isn't gone, Bubba Bob. I've also got some important pictures and docs archived in my gmail account. I also have copies of this stuff in my yahoo mail account now that yahoo has a lot of storage too. I also worry that one day someone will accidentally delete all my stuff.

Ok, in an odd twist, all my contacts and messages show up in IE, but in my daily driver, opera, they dont?? :wacko:

In Example, my accoutn is 0% full in Opera, and 2% full when veiwed in IE.

EDIT:

I signed out and back in under Opera and everything is back to normal. Very strange.

That's good news!

• 4 weeks later...

Durn Thing is doin it again. Noticed an Email I had archived a few days back popped back up in my inbox. Checked my archives. Empty. Checked in IE, everything good. Ive got opera set to not keep a cache. Very puzzling... :wacko:

EDIT: Realized the variable. Whenever i check my email on a diff. computer, gmail on my home computer goes wacko.

Edited by Bubba Bob