Help The Software Still Won't Download

I want to thank everyone for helping my become virus and malware free. But, I still can't download the software. It gives me this message microsoft mshtml.dll.registration failed, and when I closed it down for hanging, it gave me a new message, amtui windows application with a red circle with an x in it. Is there any way that you can help me to download this software, I need it for my work!!!! wacko.gif

Edited by kdr108

The program he's referring to is IC Solutions. It comes on it's own CD.

Here's his problem:

"I tried to install it in safe mode but I get the same errors. First it says data base upgrade failed. then it says microsoft mshtml.dll.registration failed, then when i tried to autorun it I got the error a device attached to the system is not functioning. c:\documentsandsettings \owner\desktop\ICSv7.21(E)\setup.exe. "

Mark

How to register a .dll

How to use scannow sfc...

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan

all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a

problem.

It may prompt you for the XP CD

Mark

Edited by garmanma
How to register a .dll

How to use scannow sfc...

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan

all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a

problem.

It may prompt you for the XP CD

Mark

Hi Mark,

How do I know if the file is executable or an extension file?

And where do I find out where the file is?

Quick question. Does your system meet the requirements for running ICS Software's programs? Which of their programs are you trying to install? They state you must be running Win XP Pro SP2 or higher with all updates.

I have windows xp home edition. Does that matter so much?

And yes, I ran the sfc /scannow but I don't know how to find the file path thingey to register the dll.

Quick question. Does your system meet the requirements for running ICS Software's programs? Which of their programs are you trying to install? They state you must be running Win XP Pro SP2 or higher with all updates.

And yes, I ran the sfc /scannow but I don't know how to find the file path thingey to register the dll.

If they require WinXP Pro then I would assume it means it is necessary.

As for registering the .dll go to Run and type cmd then press the <Enter> key. In the command window type regsvr32 mshtml.dll (notice there is a space between 2 & m) then press the <Enter> key. You should receive a confirmation that it worked.

I came in on this thread late, but this is what I see. You have home and you need Pro.

I see many business trying to run on Home. Everything was fine at first when they purchased the computer. Now they are starting to utilize more and more of the resources available to them they realize they need XP Pro. Then after a review of their systems you see the reason for their problems are compounded. Lake of ram to run multiple office applications and the lack of resources that Pro would provide.

If your are doing this for your "work" then present your supervisor with the pros of having a machine designed for the working environment, not a home machine adapted to the work environment. It will cost money but it will be the right tool for the right job.

Edited quotes for clarity.

Mike

If they require WinXP Pro then I would assume it means it is necessary.

As for registering the .dll go to Run and type cmd then press the <Enter> key. In the command window type regsvr32 mshtml.dll (notice there is a space between 2 & m) then press the <Enter> key. You should receive a confirmation that it worked.

Hi terrorist,

I go this message back " mshtml dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered."

And where do you see that it says that I have to have xp pro?

Edited by kdr108

http://www.icssoftware.net/

The Sammy systems will run on different computers and settings. Additional applications running on the computer at the same time may require additional memory/storage space or a change in network design. (Please contact your Computer Professional for further information and recommendations. Have them contact our hardware department if there are any questions or concerns). For minimum specifications, see below.

1 Computer (Single User Editions of SimpleSam Plus or Sammy)

1.6 GHZ or higher (AMD or Intel)

Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) + All Windows Security Patches!

256 MB Ram (Recommended 512MB)

20 GB Hard Drive or larger

Mouse/Keyboard

Sound Card

CD-ROM Drive (Recordable drive if used for backup purposes)

3COM/US Robotics 56K Internal Modem

Video Card

Backup Device ( Zip Drive + disks, Several USB Flash Drives)

Hewlett Packard LaserJet Printers

Network card (ONLY for multi-user versions) This may also be required for your internet connection

High Speed Internet Connection is required

Return to top

2-4 Computers (Multi User Editions of SimpleSam Plus or Sammy)

In this configuration one computer will be used as a workstation/server. This workstation/server needs to be fast, as it will be serving data to other computers on the network and the person sitting at this computer.

In addition to the minimum recommendations above, see below for modified specifications for the workstation/server:

3.0 GHZ Processor or faster

512MB of RAM

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 + Windows Security patches.

80GB Hard Drive (SATA 150/200 and 7200RPM or faster)

DVD-/+ RW Drive

Add-On 3COM Network Card for faster performance.

(This computer needs to be very reliable. We recommend using a workstation class machine for this task)

You may also want to consider a gigabit network in a configuration of 5 computers.

We recommend that you consult a Microsoft certified professional to build and maintain this type of network. If you are in the NY Metro Area, we maybe able to provide these services to you along with all necessary hardware and expertise (This service is provided at an additional fee). Please contact our hardware services department for more details.

4 + Computers (Multi User Editions of Sammy and SimpleSam Plus)

This type of configuration requires a server. A server should be tailored to the type of network and number of computers you will be serving. Please contact us for specific recommendations, or contact your Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider or an IT Professional.

Basic requirements for the server are as follows:

Windows 2003 Server (Standard Edition) with appropriate client access licenses.

Terminal Server Licenses (if remote users will be accessing software from different locations)

SATA or SCSI Hard Drives (10,000 RPM or faster)

Xeon processors

Redundant/protected hard drive configurations (RAID) are strongly recommended

Gigabit Ethernet connections to power users are also recommended

1GB of RAM on power users workstations

2GB of RAM on SERVER (Especially if terminal services will be used)

(We do NOT recommend running Sammy over a “bare” VPN Connection – Remote desktop/Terminal Server environment should be implemented instead).

Our Hardware department will help you if you have any questions. Our technicians are experienced in setting up Sammy Systems in various environments, including hospitals, large clinics, and small 3-10 user practices.

Network Requirements/Recommendations

All networking equipment should be at least 100Mbps and a switch should be used if more than 2 computers are connected to the network. A 100MB HUB is sufficient if 2 computers are connected to the same network. A 1000 MB (Gigabit Ethernet) switch and network cards are recommended for 4 or more computers.

Internet Recommendations

If all computers are connected to the internet we recommend the following:

Have an antivirus product. (Latest edition with up-to-date virus definitions) Install on all computers. Before purchasing any antivirus software, please look at Kaspersky Antivirus. If you decide to go ahead with any other antivirus vendor, make sure that you have the ability to exclude Sammy Data directories from being scanned by the virus scanner. (This will speed up the application).

Enable Windows Updates. The computers should always have the latest updates from Microsoft installed to prevent any worms or viruses that may use security holes in un-patched systems.

Have a firewall (Cisco/Linksys/Sonicwall, etc.) installed between the internet modem and your internal network.

Please note: Your hardware technician must allow computers with Sammy to have Administrative Rights on the computers in order for Sammy to work properly. You must also allow Sammy to connect to the internet on ports 21/22/80 and 443.

I have upgraded to xp pro and still I can't download the ICS software. I have some info that it gave me in safe mode.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.1378

System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.1378 (REDBITSB2.050727-1300)

mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.1378 (REDBITSB2.050727-1300)

dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.1378 (REDBITSB2.050727-1300)

dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.1378 (REDBITSB2.050727-1300)

SOURCES

Deployment url : file:///E:/data2.cab

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of E:\data2.cab resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ File being downloaded from file:///E:/data2.cab has exceeded its acceptable size (The limit for this file was 16777216 bytes).

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [10/16/2007 1:02:43 AM] : Activation of E:\data2.cab has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [10/16/2007 1:03:03 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (FileSizeValidation)

- File being downloaded from file:///E:/data2.cab has exceeded its acceptable size (The limit for this file was 16777216 bytes).

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQue

ueItem next)

at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()

at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBy

pass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(S

ubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(U

ri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Obje

ct state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

I hope that this can helps someone help me!!!!

Edited by kdr108
Have you contacted ICS and asked them for help with their software?

Yes, they were the first people that I contacted. The people from National Life, that I'm using the software for. Do you think that they are the same people?

They took over my desk top and couldn't find the problem. And the disk works on other computers, just not any of mines.

Edited by kdr108