Stupid question, I want certain file types to be associated with a program so I right click>Open with>Choose Program and choose what program I want and check

always choose the selected. Ok now when I click it it will goto that new program but the icon stays the same even after a reboot. How can I change this without

changing each icon individually? And without uninstalling the old program which was initially associated with the file type?

Sorry I made it sound convoluted :-P

Stupid question, I want certain file types to be associated with a program so I right click>Open with>Choose Program and choose what program I want and check

always choose the selected. Ok now when I click it it will goto that new program but the icon stays the same even after a reboot. How can I change this without

changing each icon individually? And without uninstalling the old program which was initially associated with the file type?

Sorry I made it sound convoluted :-P

What I do is Right click>Properties>Change and then pick the program I want to open it with. Then apply and it's done. Is it a program or just a Picture/Video you want to change?

You never did said what old program is taking control. Is it set to autostart with windows?

Check to see if it's in the startup group. Try disabling the old program from starting with the system. Could be a autostart issue. When the old program is starting back up. It could be taking control and making the system switch everything back over to it because it's telling the system that it has first dibs on things.

I'm trying to play all my mp3s with VLC instead of Winamp it will play with VLC when clicked on but like I said the icon still looks like a Winamp icon, tried everything the preferences on both of them the tweak ui, file type association. Whats left uninstalling Winamp? I don't want to do that. Not a start up issue, I don't think checked the start up in msconfig.

I had a problem with Winamp doing that. I wondered if it was along those lines..

Turn off or disable the "Winamp Agent" after doing what our good old friend Sultan_emerr suggests.

I had a problem with Winamp doing that. I wondered if it was along those lines..

Turn off or disable the "Winamp Agent" after doing what our good old friend Sultan_emerr suggests.

Hello, my friend. :thumbsup:

Winamp 5.50

Popular and extensive audio player

http://mail.vnunet.com/cgi-bin1/flo/y/eBJN...7VN0cyi0CyGc0Eg

OK...

In Winamp, goto Options>preferances>General Preferences>file Types.

Under "Explorer Settings" uncheck " Show Winamp in folder context minus in iWindows Explorer" and under "Associated File Types">"Set Selections", uncheck " Restore file associations at winamp startup.

Well at least they are working for the program you want.

Try setting the File Associations to WMP and see if the icons change and hold.

Might be a small glitch. NO WAIT.... Windows develop small glitches.... No, not Windows......*_*

For file associations. Maybe it looks like Winamps file association icon because VLC doesn't have one... But it sounds like other then the icon, everything is working the way you want.

Just a guess*_*