Ustream Cams And Another Nic?

Well, it would increase your bandwidth - however, it wouldn't change your connection in terms of upload/download speed. So if you're uploading at let's say 1mbit bonding/daisy chaining 2 100mbit NIC card's will give you 200mbit. However, if you're only a 2mbit ADSL line, it really doesn't make a difference as you won't be getting that speed of 200mbit.

Hope that helps :)

B

As Jeff says. It depends on your service.

But it might help in other ways.

I have to use two nic connections. For the reason, my 10/100/1000 nic built into the mobo still won't except or work under XP. No matter what I do. So I had to add a card just for XP to connect (dual boot system). Vista just loves the integrated setup tho. and just flies with the 10/100/1000 setup.

But I got to noticing both nic cards were working while running Vista. Started to dig deeper and discovered that both are talking to the network and moving information for different usages.

So if this works for you. One card might dedicate itself to just video uploading while the other sets itself for normal workloads. Not sure if it will work under XP or not.

See this PC would be running XP Pro but if it will portion traffic with XP dat would be sweet. our cams are on a biz class cable right now but we are trying to work a trade with the phone company for DSL or better.

As Jeff says. It depends on your service.

But it might help in other ways.

I have to use two nic connections. For the reason, my 10/100/1000 nic built into the mobo still won't except or work under XP. No matter what I do. So I had to add a card just for XP to connect (dual boot system). Vista just loves the integrated setup tho. and just flies with the 10/100/1000 setup.

But I got to noticing both nic cards were working while running Vista. Started to dig deeper and discovered that both are talking to the network and moving information for different usages.

So if this works for you. One card might dedicate itself to just video uploading while the other sets itself for normal workloads. Not sure if it will work under XP or not.

By all means, give it a try. Like I said, I don't know if XP works or not that way. I see no reason why it wouldn't.. If my XP partition would recognize the onboard nic. I would know more.