Lets Talk Certifications

Who is certified?

Certified in what?

Since when?

Yada yada yada.....

I am studying for A plus IT Tech. Then plan to do MS Desktop Support Tech by the end of the year. Then probably Server 03 next year.

Mike

I'm not certified in anything, but am certifiable, heh-heh. Just self taught here.

That sounds very cool, mikex! :matrix:

i would really like to be knowledgeable and certified in server 2003. The computer repair business is ok, but the big money in in installing and servicing small office systems that use a domain and server 2000 or 2003. Businesses are ok with spending a large sum of money to get everything running well. I can sell a home user a system and maybe make $300 on it. I can sell a small office a multiple computer system and make $1000 - $2000 on it, plus make money helping it continue to run smooth. As of now, I don't have that knowledge or confidence to do it. That is where I want to migrate my business in the future.

Certified? No BUT in less than 3 years I will have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems which includes networking, programming, repair/maintenance, and a crap ton of other stuff. With that degree........ i will be teaching English in Japan....but for only 3 years at the most then I will come back home and work at TNFB in IT or something.

I have a young friend who is in school for a degree. I wish I could have gone that route, but working to support a family is hard enough with out having to go to school nights.

Mike

I too, wish I could go back to school. With a full time family and full time job, it is hardly feasible.

• 4 weeks later...

Self taught. IT jobs around here don't pay much plus the  list of applicants is huge for those jobs. It's really bad when one of my gal pals makes more money than most people working IT, operating a tow motor. She started out at $60,000 a year plus benefits that include full health insurance and a guaranteed pension.

Certs don't earn much more around here either. But the company is paying for any cert I get within the scope of our business.

I just passed my 601 and 602. From drive up to drive off was 2 hours. Now I start for my MS certs.