Internet Constantly Disconnecting

My internet is constantly disconnecting me appx every 30minutes Ive tried renewing the ip and all that, ive had cable guys into replace my modem and a few cables, they say its all fine, Ive ran Ad-Aware 2007 and aVG no viruses or anything.

Rogers Cable, Hi-Speed is my ISP

Also im not connected to any router or anything, i was at one point but not any more.

I get an Eventvwr error when i DC which is Sourse: DHCP and ID:1002, my ISP says theres no matience or anything going on at the DHCP server is fine on their side Help please!

Are you using the Internet when it disconnects? Or are you connecting and leaving it sit without activity? Some ISP's will disconnect you if you are sitting idle. Try changing your settings in your E-mail program to check mail every 5 minutes. That will keep activity going.

If you have a live linux cd, boot with that. If you are able to surf the web without being disconnected, then you can determine windows is the problem. If while running linux, you are still being disconnected, you can determine it is your hardware(or theirs). At that point, I would try a new network card.

for a week after getting XP on my PC ....I was going crazy every 15-30 minutes I would get dis-connected saying "your connection to Aol has been reset by remote host" and problems with IE this page can't be dispayed

I am not a tech so I was lost, I tried everything I could think of and finally I tried disabling my Windows firewall. That appears to have been the problem...now I've been on line searching for a firewall and this site for least

2 hours. maybe this will help someone

by the way kudos...this is a very :thumbsup: helpful and informative site

for a week after getting XP on my PC ....I was going crazy every 15-30 minutes I would get dis-connected saying "your connection to Aol has been reset by remote host" and problems with IE this page can't be dispayed

I am not a tech so I was lost, I tried everything I could think of and finally I tried disabling my Windows firewall. That appears to have been the problem...now I've been on line searching for a firewall and this site for least

2 hours. maybe this will help someone

by the way kudos...this is a very :thumbsup: helpful and informative site

This a good free firewall that many give a high rating to.

Comodo Free Firewall