Website I Built.

Hey folks I did a website for the new company I work for. I did it in MS Expressions Web. I need feed back. I do not have php on the server so the contact form does not work. Look around let me know. I am trying to put google maps on also, not having any luck. Like any site it is a work in progress.

I left an egg. Should be easy to find.

SolvPro

M

Nice site but a few things...

The white box is bigger than the red box to the left of it, which looks a little silly.

The low quality pixelated "Support" image on the left looks pretty shoddy - as does the low quality pixelated logo.

The rollover effect for the "Support" image/box looks a little silly also since the red backgrounded image just ends up out on its own.

The image on the left of, what I can only describe as, "trinary" would look better with the text evenly spaced around it - rather than with some lines ending closer to the image than others. It might also look nicer moved a bit more to the left, into the text - try it out.

The phone numbers in the top left might look better moved up slightly rather than sitting on the line - again, try it out.

On all but the index page, the logo in the top left could do with changing to blend in with the background - it currently looks a little stuck on. It could also do with being moved a little to the right, away from the edge of the screen.

The "About Us" page has an unecessary ammount of white space between the images and the footer. Also on this page, said images could do with being centred - rather than aligned to the left.

The "Contact Us" page could do with being 100% height rather than having a big white space between the bottom of the footer and the bottom of the screen.

Well done so far :)

Hope this helps

Phil

Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for.

As for MS Expressions, well I played with Dreamweaver a few years ago so I have nothing "new" to compare with. But for the most part I was comfortable with it in a mater of hours. This may seam like a long time, but I am no web designer. It will allow you to manipulate the page while viewing it.

Over all I give it a thumbs up. I am still trying to get the code validated using an online html checker, every change I make give me another validation error.

M

I really dont like the big black empty space at teh top. That big an excellent spot to put in a company logo, or some other graphic.

Also, that's A LOT of text for the home page.

EDIT:

I dont know if you wrote up the homepage or not, but as a customer Id like to see something like...

Solvpro

HEADER

one sentence

HEADER

one sentence

Listing what yall offer, and/or why i should give you my business.

Edited by Bubba Bob

Thanks guys. I made a few tweaks, I am doing the editing in notepad until I setup Expressions on our server. Then when I remote into the server I can edit it there locally. We are not allowing ftp on this server so that is out.

Again thanks for the input. Found the egg?

M

... that's A LOT of text for the home page. ...

Maybe I hang around 'that' board too much, but I wouldn't bother reading THAT much text formatted as it is. At least break it down to a couple of paragraphs, please. And I agree that the images should be better quality for a commercial site.

Otherwise: :thumbsup: