Interstate Bridge Collapse

I was at my Niece & Nephew's when the news broke. They know a lot of people in the area so there's a lot to worry about.

This morning they showed video of the collapse from a local security cam. I was kinda hoping they wouldn't have any video, I'm not too happy about seeing disasters in real time.

It's terrifying, especially when you think about the terrible shape of the infrastructure nearly everywhere. That could happen anytime, anywhere.

Here in Dallas a couple years ago they finished building a new major interchange called the Dallas High Five

lib_article297_1_1.jpg

High%20Five.jpg

Before the final ramps were even completed they started getting cracks in the decks of the first ramps opened. They say there is nothing to worry about, that the bridge is still sound , and they just paved over the surface with asphalt so people would stop calling in to report that the bridge had cracks in it.

Edited by Pete_C
... they just paved over the surface with asphalt so people would stop calling in to report that the bridge had cracks in it.

My boss must be in charge there too.

Boss' memo: Stop using pens on the touchscreens, it's causing them to fail.

My response: Fix the touchscreens so no one HAS to use a pen to make them work.

His reply: Stop whining.

Ok then. Problem solved.