I have a client with a MS-6577 ver. 4 mobo, it does not boot to BIOS. PSU, case fans, and cpu fan spin up. No front lights no post beeps. Last time it worked was just before a power outage during a bad weather. I am thinking the board is dead. I am looking at this board as a replacement. I know the client does not want to spend much.

M

Edited the link.

Edited by mikex

Did you make a mistake on your post, you showed the same board on both links.

Did you try a new power supply? The mother board sounds dead, but until you rule out the PSU, I would not feel confident in the diagnosis. While at it, I would try swapping out the memory. I would also disconnect all the stuff not needed to post.

edit added later//

I am pretty certain I have told clients that they had a bad mobo(most techs have make that mistake), when it really was not the case. It can be a tough diagnosis, since many other factors can give that appearance.

Edited by shanenin

what is the new mother board you want to use?

I have used this one in builds before. It worked nice. I have had good luck with biostar

If you are looking to save a few dollars, this one might be ok. It seems to be newer, and does not have much feedback.

Edited by shanenin

What kind of prices do you charge?

I tend to under price myself, but I hate to lose a job. For data recovery and a reload I charge $95, $20(data), $75(reload). You could get a mother board from newegg for about $60, I would mark it up to just $80, including installation, then make most of the money on the load and data recovery. According to Minnesota law, their is not any sales tax charges on it because it is a repair job.

$75 reload

$20 data recovery

$80 motherboard

--------

$175

To make the deal go, I would offer a warranty on the mobo. Newegg will replace most all boards for 1 year without any hassle.

Edited by shanenin

$200 parts and labor.

Remove dust + lint

Replace MoBo

Data backup.

OS install + update + replace data on HDD

AV install + update + set schedule

Spybot install + update

Cleanup + Ccleaner installed

M

Good for you :-)

Now I need one of those jobs. It takes me about 1100/month just to break even. $1000 of that cost is just my monthly payments for my two yellow pages phone book ads. I have another $100/ month that pays for telephone and credit card processing(which I don't really use). If all goes well, I am left with about $600-$1000/month to pay all of my family expenses.

Edited by shanenin

This is a sideline job, a hobby of sorts. I don't "make" any money to really speak of, more like milk money.

I do this for the place where I presently work, BUT when people come to my home after hours I feel I can do that at home. The people know where I work and who I work for. They say they want me to do it and want me to get paid.....

do you have some repeat customers for spyware/virus removal? if so use logmein free to remotely clean it. I have about 20 on LMI free and they call when something gets funky, I check it out, call them with a price to fix. If they want it done it gets done, if not they live with it. I also have a couple that I do free upkeep, no charge because the tip covers it.

Just a thought for you to make more.

M